Robotic Urology Services
Every patient’s condition is considered unique. Our practice uses the most appropriate cutting-edge technology designed to have the best possible outcome, every time. Experience, technology, attention to detail and trust are the benchmarks of care at Palm Beach Advanced Robotics. Our center is dedicated to providing the highest quality robotic urologic surgical care. Using a minimally invasive approach, the recovery for the patients after surgery is quicker when compared to other types of surgery.
Urology now has a tool that helps those procedures be “kinder” to the patients. Using a robotic interface, we are able to perform surgeries through small incisions, instead of the classic large “cuts”. The basic principle is as follows: we do a great procedure in the “inside” with little impact in the “outside” of the body.
- Robotic prostate removal (for cancer or very large prostates): these procedures are called Radical or Simple Prostatectomy. A Radical Prostatectomy is done for Prostate Cancer and a Simple Prostatectomy is done for a very large prostate.
- Robotic kidney surgeries (removal of entire kidneys or just tumors from kidneys, pyeloplasty): these procedures are called Radical or Partial Nephrectomy for kidney tumors or Simple Nephrectomy for non-functioning kidneys. A pyeloplasty is a procedure that is done for a stricture of the area that connects the kidney with the ureter.
- Robotic bladder removal (for cancer or non-functioning bladders): these procedures are called Radical or Partial Cystectomy for bladder cancer and Simple cystectomy for non-functioning bladders.
- Other Robotic reconstructive procedures (Sacrocolpopexy, Fistula repairs, etc.): General reconstruction of damaged or non-functioning parts of the urinary system: damaged or non-functioning bladder, kidneys or ureters.
Comprehensive Cancer Care
- If your diagnosis is any type of cancer of the urinary tract, Dr. Muhletaler will assess each case with a multidisciplinary group of physicians (Oncologists, Radiation Oncologists, Pathologists, Interventional and Diagnostic Radiologists, Gynecologists) to conclude which are the best treatment options.
Genetic Guided Cancer Treatment
- Recent studies have shown that cancers are different in different patients. Dr. Muhletaler has partnered with laboratories that can provide key genetic and translational information for a highly individualized cancer treatment.